Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

13 Days!

There are only 13 days left of school this year! I am excited about this, but also a little sad that I won't get to see some of my students next year. 

Today we got our TAKS scores back for the retesters and I was not so happy with the results. Although I can say with certainty that I completely expected the results. The ones who really worked with me passed and the ones who never came to class, were always complaining or never did the work did not pass. I am sad for them because they can't graduate in May now. We should be finding out the results for the first time testers later this week and I'm a little nervous. I have many students who are depending on the fact that they will pass and graduate so they can go to boot camp, start a job or go to college. 

Tomorrow is the last EOC of the year and it is mine-Algebra 1. Many of my EOC students came to our school at the end of February so I have only had 2 months to work with them. Most of them have no motivation to do anything to prepare, but I am confident that the five students I have really gotten to work with (who have also worked so hard) will be successful on their test! I (as well as most teachers at school) will be happy when all this testing is over and then it will just be a push to get them to finish up their credits and end the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment