Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's been so long...

So it has been a while since I have posted anything. It has definitely been a busy summer. We had graduation, I attended my friends weddings three weeks in a row, my mom took me to NYC, I got engaged, I've been packing to move and I've been busy doing school stuff. I just realized today that we only have 40 days left until school starts..where has all the time gone?

Last week I had the opportunity to attend the Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching (CAMT) in San Antonio. I was a little nervous to attend at first because I was the only one from my school going and I'm not one to be real outgoing in new situations but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun and I have many new resources that I can share with my math department. This conference has really made me excited to teach next year. I have come away with different perspectives of the math classroom. I would highly recommend this conference to anyone who teaches math- even elementary teachers can get some ideas.

This next week I am attending a professional development series through my district about relating to students. In my spare time, hopefully I can start setting up my classroom. I have about a thousand projects I need to do for my classroom decorations and will try to post them as I get them completed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment