Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Classroom Pictures

So I never took pictures of what my classroom looked like at the end of the year (I should have because it changed a lot throughout the year!), but here are some pictures of what my classroom kind of looked like at the beginning of the year.


 My desk area. I actually ended up moving it a couple of times but for the majority of the year it was in this vicinity.

This bulletin board became my "star" board. When my students made an 80 or higher on a test, I would put their names on a star and put it on this board. They really liked it and would compete to get the most stars.

This is a actually a magnetic graph board. It came in handy when we were doing slopes!

My Algebra Wall. I don't remember where I bought the posters but they came from a teacher supply store in a pack. I referenced them many times throughout the year. This wall eventually also became a word wall of sorts.

My second white board and projector screen. I really loved my window- it allowed for us to turn the lights off while we were doing stuff on the projector. As you can see I started the years with tables, which I was so excited about. However, my students didn't quite get that you aren't supposed to talk to your friends, cheat off of them, or do silly things during class and the tables weren't really helping me out to stop that. I found it impossible to separate students who had conflict with each other. They would try to fit like 8 people around one table. I also think that it's best for students to have their own space. So I convinced a teacher to switch out his desks for my tables. The desks had their own issues (like being moved around the room) but they worked MUCH better than the tables. [On a side note: my husband was "helping" me move and decorate and found my giant tub of Tangrams and made this lovely design on one of my tables. He was so proud of it!]



I went with a very colorful theme this year. This bookshelf was my "supply" center. I had supply bins for every table with markers, pencils, scissors, and glue in them. I also had all sorts of colored paper, notebook paper, and graph paper for them to use. When I got my textbooks half way through the school year I added them to this bookshelf as well. Behind the pink curtains to the right is a door that leads to a mechanical closet. I covered it up so that they wouldn't be tempted to break into it.

Another picture of the Supply Shelf. The table by the door has the "turn in" trays, a bin for all work that we did for the week, and in the magazine racks are white boards for students to use. The calendar on the wall was kept up my a student in my 8th period and he would write what we did that day so that we had quick access to see what someone missed while being absent. I would also write upcoming test dates and holidays on there.

Two filing cabinets pushed back to back with a curtain over the sides. I had some inspirational quotes that I had laminated on it, but those got destroyed/stolen throughout the year. I also had to move all the stuff on top of the cabinets because my third period liked to mess with all my stuff.

I'm kind of mad at myself for not remembering to take pictures of my classroom before I took it all down in June. I moved to a new room which is even bigger than this one, has like 4 windows and is in the middle of the school so I won't be alone like I was this last year. Our building is closed for some renovations until the beginning of August so I can't start setting up until then :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment